EZ-PD™ CCG3PA USB-C Mobile Power Adapter Solution using Diodes | Cypress Semiconductor
EZ-PD™ CCG3PA USB-C Mobile Power Adapter Solution using Diodes
The CCG3PA 27W Mobile Power Adapter Board is a receptacle based Type-C power adapter which supports a maximum power profile of 27W (9V, 3A). The three major components on the board are Diodes's AP3302A which offers the QR PWM switching control & working under the DCM mode with peak current controlling, APR345 is a Synchronous Rectification Controller, and Cypress's CYPD3174 is USB PD and Qualcomm Quick Charge 4/4+ Controller for implementing quick charger decoder functions.
CCG3PA monitors D+ & D- and CC1 & CC2 signals, interprets desired voltage and current setting based in the Power Delivery protocol, and provides feedback to the primary side AP3302A controller to generate regulated VBUS voltage and current. CCG3PA monitors and handles fault protection like Over-Voltage, Under-Voltage, Over-Current, Short-Circuit and Over-Temperature. CCG3PA drives the external PFET and also controls VBUS discharge with integrated discharge resistors. CYPD3174-24LQXQ is factory programmed with DFP CC with OptoCoupler Feedback Bootloader. CCGx Power SDK v3.1.0 supports CCG3PA nd any further customization can be done using the EZ-PD™ Configuration utility. CCG3PA CYPD3174-24LQXQ for this solution is available in 24-QFN package.
Reference Design Features:
- Delivers up to 27W of power to charge USB PD3.0/QC 4.0 enabled mobile phones
- Supports USB Power Delivery 3.0 for Programmable Power Supply (PPS)
- QC4+ Offers QC3.0/QC2.0 Backward Compliance
- QC4 supports the USB PD3.0 Function and PPS (3V-11V@20mV)
- Meet DOE6 and CoC Tier 2 Efficiency Requirements
- Less than 75mW No-Load Standby Power
- Integrates VBUS-to-CC short protection
- CCG3PA reduces BOM with integrated:
- 30-V Tolerant regulator
- VBUS PFET gate drivers
- Feedback amplifier to directly drive Opto-Coupler
- Low-side current sense amplifier
- Legacy charge support on DP/DM lines
- ESD on VBUS, CC and DP/DM
Cypress/Diodes have developed a reference schematic to enable customer to speed up their design and development cycle time.
For any questions regarding the reference design, please contact Online Tech Support Case System.