AN78646 - Integrated Power Manager Using PSoC® 1 | Cypress Semiconductor
AN78646 - Integrated Power Manager Using PSoC® 1
Computing and communication systems are complex and comprise multiple subsystems. Each subsystem can have its own voltage domain, which is also known as a power rail. Each power rail needs to be powered up and monitored individually. This creates a need for power management. Because this activity is a health indicator of the system, it cannot be incorporated in any of the subsystems. For this reason, a dedicated chip is used.
Power management consists of the following parts:
- accurate and reliable voltage sequencing
- rapid power rail fault detection
- voltage and current monitoring of power rails to optimize power consumption
- real-time trimming for closed-loop control of power converters (voltage regulators)
- in-system margining
- fault/event logging in EEPROM
- communication with the host controller using I2C, SMBus, or PMBus
Dear valued customer,
Thank you for choosing our products. They come with all the know-how and passion that our engineers have put into it. As you probably already know, Cypress is now Infineon. This is a major step for our company, but also for the good of you.
Reliability and business continuity are of utmost importance for us. Hence, we remain fully committed to honoring existing customer and distributor relationships. This includes offering the legacy Cypress product portfolio. We thank you very much for your trusting support.
For the full version of this message, please download the PDF version.