EZ-PD™ CCG3PA USB-C(PPS)/USB-A Charging Power Hub Solution using Qorvo, formerly Active-Semi, reference design | Cypress Semiconductor
EZ-PD™ CCG3PA USB-C(PPS)/USB-A Charging Power Hub Solution using Qorvo, formerly Active-Semi, reference design
The CCG3PA USB-C/USB-A charging power hub reference design is a receptacle based Type-C power adapter which supports a max power profile of 80W (20V, 4A), along with a legacy Type-A port which output maximum 60W (20V, 3A when activating QC3). The reference design uses a DC-to-DC based architecture which uses two major integrated circuits, the Cypress EZ-PD CCG3PA(CYPD3175-24LQXQ) controller and Qorvo’s, formerly Active Semi, ACT4751 power converter. The CCG3PA CYPD3175-24LQXQ for this solution is available in 24-QFN package.
Reference Design Features:
- Delivers up to 80W of power on USB-C PD3.0/QC 4.0/Apple charger enabled mobile phones
- Supports USB Power Delivery 3.0 for Programmable Power Supply (PPS)
- Supports Qualcomm Quick Charge (QC) 4.0, QC 3.0, AFC and Apple Charging
- Integrates VBUS-to-CC short protection
- Reduces BOM with integrated:
- 40-V Tolerant regulator
- Legacy charge support on DP/DM lines
- ESD on VBUS, CC and DP/DM
Cypress and Qorvo have developed a reference schematic to enable customer to speed up their design and development cycle time.
USB-IF compliance certification Information:
|ACT4751-101-REF03||ACT4751, 80W USB PD3.0 PPS Charger||PD3.0, PA/PPS||TID:1100|
|ACT4751-101-REF01||ACT4751, USB-C 80W (PD3.0) x2 + USB-A x2, USB Charger||PD3.0, PA||TID:851|